Metal Parts Furnace
Continuous Furnace Efficiently Processes Waste and Contamination
The metal parts furnace is a continuous furnace concept that has been specifically designed to process chemically contaminated munitions and waste products (chemical suits, storage containers, etc.) from demilitarization processes. Typical contaminants processed include nerve and blister agents.
Systems can be provided within the United States or to other countries.
Surface Combustion has recently manufactureed four (4) metal parts furnaces.
Contaminated munitions, storage containers, chemical suits
TYPICAL DESIGN FEATURES
- Ceramic fiber or brick insulating systems.
- Maximum operating temperatures up to 1800°F.
- Direct gas fired with back up fuel allowances including propane and fuel oil.
- Alloy roller hearth system.
- Atmospheric lock chambers for isolation of high temperature zone from loading and unloading zones.
- Companion equipment including downstream pollution control systems including incinerators, scrubbers and bag houses.