Home » Heat Treating Equipment » General Heat Treat Furnaces » Batch General Heat Treat Equipment » Car Bottom Furnace
Car Bottom Furnace
The car bottom furnace is a flexible single chamber furnace design that can be customized to meet many processing requirements. Furnaces can be provided in electric, direct fired and indirect gas fired configurations to meet specific processing requirements.
The furnace is typically loaded through a single vertically opening door, but the furnace can be configured as a lift cover or with doors at both ends. Furnaces can be provided up to 75 feet long, 20 feet wide and 20 feet tall with load ratings exceeding 1,000,000 pounds.
The car bottom furnace can be combined with loading cars, companion quench tanks, and washers to form complete heat treating cells.
Surface Combustion has an installed base of over 175 car bottom furnaces worldwide.
Normalizing, hardening, stress relieving, carburizing, forging, annealing, homogenizing, aging, carbon baking
Endothermic (RX®), exothermic (DX®), nitrogen, air, argon, flue products
Steel, stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum, carbon, silicon, titanium
Castings, forgings, aerospace components, bars, rod coil, carbon electrodes
TYPICAL DESIGN FEATURES
- Ceramic fiber or brick insulating systems.
- Maximum operating temperatures up to 2400°F.
- Electric, direct gas fired (recuperative and regenerative), and radiant tube systems available.
- Refractory or alloy hearth systems.
- Automatic and manual car drive systems.
- Companion atmosphere generators, quench tanks and furnace loaders available.
- Controls meeting the requirements of AMS-2750 can be supplied as requested.