Home » Heat Treating Equipment » General Heat Treat Furnaces » Continuous Special Heat Treat Equipment » Belt Furnace
The belt furnace is a continuous furnace concept that allows processing of small product directly on a belt. Mesh, cast link, flat wire and chain conveyors fall in this furnace category. The belts are supported in the furnace by a series of alloy or ceramic supports. Furnaces can be provided in electric, direct fired and indirect gas fired configurations to meet specific processing requirements. For special processes, retorts can be incorporated into the design.
Systems have been provided with lengths exceeding 200 feet.
Surface Combustion has an installed base of over 625 belt furnaces worldwide.
Normalizing, hardening, stress relieving, carburizing, annealing, tempering, reheat for press quench, forging, austemper, carbonitriding, sintering, brazing
Endothermic (RX®), exothermic (DX®), nitrogen, air, flue products
Steel, stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum, titanium, glass, powdered metal, copper, brass
Castings, forgings, aerospace components, bearings, gears, fasteners, stampings
TYPICAL DESIGN FEATURES
- Ceramic fiber or brick insulating systems.
- Maximum operating temperatures up to 2200°F.
- Electric, direct gas fired (recuperative and regenerative), and radiant tube systems available.
- Alloy or ceramic hearth systems.
- Companion atmosphere generators, quench tanks and load / unload tables available.
- Controls meeting the requirements of AMS-2750 can be supplied as requested.