Home » Heat Treating Equipment » General Heat Treat Furnaces » Continuous Special Heat Treat Equipment » Roller Hearth Furnace
Roller Hearth Furnace
The roller hearth furnace is a continuous or batch furnace concept that allows processing of small product in trays and baskets or larger product directly on the furnace hearth. The hearth consists of a series of steel, alloy or ceramic rolls which are supported and driven external to the furnace chamber. Furnaces can be provided in electric, direct fired and indirect gas fired configurations to meet specific processing requirements.
The furnace design can be configured with lengths to meet the customer’s needs. SURFACE has provided systems exceeding 300 feet long and with widths up to 10 ft. wide.
Surface Combustion has an installed base of over 350 roller hearth furnaces worldwide.
Normalizing, hardening, stress relieving, carburizing, annealing, tempering
Endothermic (RX®), exothermic (DX®), nitrogen, air, flue products
Steel, stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum, titanium
Castings, forgings, aerospace components, bars, tubing, rod coil, plates, slabs, bearings, munitions
TYPICAL DESIGN FEATURES
- Ceramic fiber or brick insulating systems.
- Maximum operating temperatures up to 2200°F.
- Electric, direct gas fired (recuperative and regenerative), and radiant tube systems available.
- Alloy, steel or ceramic roller hearth systems.
- Companion atmosphere generators, quench tanks and load / unload tables available.
- Controls meeting the requirements of AMS-2750 can be provided as requested.