Home » Heat Treating Equipment » General Heat Treat Furnaces » Continuous Special Heat Treat Equipment » Rotary Hearth Furnace
Rotary Hearth Furnace
The rotary hearth furnace is a continuous furnace concept that allows processing of small to very large product. The material is conveyed directly on the furnace hearth which consists of an externally driven turntable located inside the furnace heating chamber.
Furnaces can be provided in electric, direct fired and indirect gas fired configurations to meet specific processing requirements.
The furnace design can be configured with diameters exceeding 80 feet.
Surface Combustion has an installed base of over 200 rotary hearth furnaces.
Normalizing, hardening, tempering, stress relieving, quench and temper, reheat for press quench forging
Nitrogen, air, flue products, RX® Gas, DX® Gas
Steel, stainless steel, aluminum copper
Rod coil, gears, bearings, billets, aerospace components
TYPICAL DESIGN FEATURES
- Ceramic fiber or brick insulating systems.
- Maximum operating temperatures up to 1800°F.
- Electric, direct gas fired (recuperative and regenerative), and radiant tube systems available.
- Alloy or refractory hearth systems.
- Companion quench systems and load / unload tables available.
- Controls meeting the requirements of AMS-2750 can be provided as requested.