Anneal And Pickle Furnace
The anneal and pickle furnace is the processing furnace used in continuous stainless steel strip processing lines. The lines are used in conjunction with pickling, leveling, and direct rolling (DRAP®) processes. SURFACE licenses anneal and pickle furnace technology from Chugai Ro of Osaka, Japan.
Surface Combustion and Chugai Ro have a combined installed base of over 60 annealing and pickling lines worldwide.
Hot and cold rolled austenitic and ferritic stainless steel strip.
TYPICAL DESIGN FEATURES
- Line speeds up to 750 feet per minute.
- Strip widths up to 72”.
- Strip thicknesses from 0.005” to 0.5”.
- Maximum operating temperatures up to 2400°F.
- Radiation Work Pre-heat (RWP) technology.
- Air and water based strip cooling systems.
- Edge-Center-Edge cooling technology to maintain strip shape.
- Strip flotation technology available for light gage cold rolled material.
- Low NOX burner technology with optional EGR systems.
- Energy recovery systems including combustion air preheating and waste heat boilers.
- Ceramic and metallic strip support rolls.