The minispangle is a companion system to continuous galvanizing strip lines. The system is located downstream of the zinc pot and applies zinc powder to the strip. This minimizes the galvanized “spangles” allowing for improved downstream coating processes including painting.
The systems can be integrated into both horizontal and vertical annealing lines. The systems are crane mounted directly above the zinc pot area of the galvanizing line.
Surface Combustion has an installed base of over 20 minispangle systems worldwide.
“Spangle” reduction on zinc and zinc / aluminum coated strip.
Carbon steel strip
TYPICAL DESIGN FEATURES
- Line speeds up to 600 feet per minute.
- Strip widths up to 72”.
- Strip thicknesses from 0.005” to 0.25”.
- Maximum operating temperatures up to 2200°F.
- Pre-cooler systems available to increase system capacity.
- Edge-Center-Edge cooling technology to improve coating profile across strip width.
- Companion atmosphere zinc feeders, edge burners and pre-coolers available.