VersaQuench™ Quick Quench Furnace
The VersaQuench™ Quick Quench Furnace will solve your non-ferrous heat treat challenges.
The VersaQuench™ Quick Quench Furnace maximizes capacity while minimizing required floor space. It combines the latest technology along with tried and true Surface engineering concepts while . Surface has designed the VersaQuench™ Quick Quench Furnace using a proven, rugged load handling system.
The load handling system includes a custom braking package to complete faster load transfers and quench delay to satisfy AMS2771 specification and Nadcap. It has also been designed for manual loading and automatic discharging from the furnace using a rear handler design adapted from our standard Allcase® product line. The double deck quench elevator configuration allows recharging of the furnace while work is being quenched. Our hearty elevator design is more robust than the competition and is compatible with either charge car or charge table arrangements.
Surface’s advantages are our engineering design standards, generations of furnace experience, and industry leading customer service for your furnace needs. Call us and we will share with you The Value of Surface.
Equipment Design Features
- Effective load sizes:
- 48” x 48” x 48” (122 cm x 122 cm x 122 cm) 2,760 lbs. (1,247.4 kg)
- 36″ x 36″ x 36″ (91 cm x 91 cm x 91 cm) 1,500 lb. (680.4 kg)
- Gas or Electrical heated system
- 1200 °F and up (649 ºC)
- Class 2 Furnace
- PLC Control System
- Type B or C instrumentation
- Thermally efficient round furnace casing and recirculating fan facilitate improved flow and temperature uniformity
- Radiation shields for indirect heating requirement.
- Ceramic fiber insulation has desirable thermal properties, allows for faster process changes.
- Compact footprint and lower overhead requirement
Quench Design Features:
- Capable of running both cast and wrought products
- Temperature rise of ~10 °F (-12 ºC) when quenching a 1,500 lbs. (680.4 kg) load
- Water quench tank designed specifically for non-ferrous materials processing
- Stainless steel construction
- Recipe-controlled VFD quench agitation
Partial processes list shown. Looking for something specfic, contact us.
Military & Defense
Thermal Management (HVAC)
Tubing / Fittings
Partial industries list shown. Looking for something specfic, contact us.
High Pressure Die Casting
Partial material and component list shown. Looking for something specfic, contact us.
Air Cool Station
Partial companion equipment list shown. Looking for something specfic, contact us.
There are furnaces, and then there are Surface® furnaces
Call Surface with the following information ready to initiate your furnace solution.
- hours per year
- available space
- operating temperature range
- heat source
Give Us a Call
For Parts and Service, have one or more of the following details regarding your furnace if possible:
- Serial number
- Drawing number
- Photos of your furnace or parts for replacement
- Spare parts list
- Furnace rebuild history
Give Us a Call