Home » Heat Treating Equipment » General Heat Treat Furnaces » Batch General Heat Treat Equipment » Gas Nitriding Furnace
Gas Nitriding Furnace
The gas nitriding furnace is a batch furnace used for ammonia based processes. The nitriding process is typically performed when increased surface hardness, wear and abrasion resistance, fatigue strength or corrosion resistance are required. Furnaces can be provided in pit, cover and base or horizontal configurations.
The furnace includes a retort utilizing Inconel or 330 grade stainless steel material. Multiple covers and or bases can be provided to increase system productivity.
Surface Combustion has an installed base of over 100 nitriding furnaces worldwide.
Nitriding, ferritic nitrocarburizing (FNC), pre-oxidation, post oxidation, oxy-nitriding
Ammonia, dissociated ammonia, endothermic (RX®), exothermic (DX®), nitrogen, air, carbon dioxide, steam, nitrous oxide, hydrogen or other custom atmosphere mixes
Steel, stainless steel, cast iron
Gears, gun barrels, saw blades, fuel injectors, valve bodies, extrusion screws, nozzles, dies
- Standard internal diameters between 24” and 96”
- Standard loading heights between 36” and 144”
- Standard loading weight up to 10,000 pounds
- Custom size and weights available upon request
TYPICAL DESIGN FEATURES
- Electrically heated furnace using metallic rod type elements.
- Maximum operating temperatures up to 1250°F.
- Temperature uniformity of ±10°F.
- Top or bottom load supports available.
- Hydraulic cover lift and rotate systems available.
- External cooling systems available to reduce cycle.
- Pollution control systems including incinerators or bubbler tanks.
- Ammonia dissociators (AX® Gas Generator & other atmosphere generators) available for atmosphere supply.
- Manual or automatic controls meeting the requirements of AMS-2750 and AMS-2759/9 are available as requested.