Home » Heat Treating Equipment » General Heat Treat Furnaces » Batch General Heat Treat Equipment » Pit Furnace
The pit furnace is a vertical orientation batch furnace used for a variety of processes. Designs can be provided for atmosphere or direct fired processes. Furnaces are available with retorts or without depending on process requirements.
Surface Combustion has an installed base of over 200 furnaces worldwide.
Ferritic nitrocarburizing (FNC), nitriding, carburizing, hardening, tempering, stress relieving, annealing, bluing
Ammonia, disassociated ammonia, endothermic (RX®), exothermic (DX®), nitrogen, air, carbon dioxide, steam, nitrous oxide, hydrogen or other custom atmosphere mixes
Steel, stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum
Gears, bearings, shafts, large components, bars
- Standard work space diameters between 24” and 120”
- Standard loading heights between 36” and 144”
- Standard loading weight up to 30,000 pounds
- Custom size and weights available upon request
TYPICAL DESIGN FEATURES
- Electric, direct gas fired (recuperative and regenerative), and radiant tube systems available.
- Maximum operating temperatures up to 2400°F.
- Top or bottom load supports available.
- Hydraulic cover lift and rotate systems available.
- Manual or automatic controls meeting the requirements of AMS-2750 can be provided as requested.
- Companion equipment including washers, temper furnaces, gas generators, loading systems and quenches.