Home » Heat Treating Equipment » General Heat Treat Furnaces » Continuous Special Heat Treat Equipment » Screw Conveyor Furnace
Screw Conveyor Furnace
The screw conveyor furnace is a continuous furnace concept that allows processing of long product that requires tight tolerances on product straightness. The hearth consists of a series of alloy or steel screws that roll the product through the furnace on fixed rails.
Furnaces can be provided in electric, direct fired and indirect gas fired configurations to meet specific processing requirements.
The furnace design can be configured with widths up to or greater than of 50 feet.
Surface Combustion has an installed base of over 20 screw conveyor furnaces worldwide.
Normalizing, hardening, tempering, stress relieving, quench and temper
Nitrogen, air, flue products
Steel, stainless steel
Bars, pipe, sucker rods
TYPICAL DESIGN FEATURES
- Ceramic fiber or brick insulating systems
- Maximum operating temperatures up to 1800°F
- Electric, direct gas fired (recuperative and regenerative), and radiant tube systems available
- Alloy hearth systems
- Companion quench systems and load / unload tables available
- Controls meeting the requirements of AMS-2750 can be provided as requested.